Mumbai Vindu Dara Singh, son of the legendary wrestler-actor Dara Singh, is a well-known figure in the Indian film industry. Born on 6th May, he has left a mark in the hearts of people with his impressive performances and larger-than-life personality. While many know him as a popular actor and the winner of ‘Bigg Boss 3’, did you know that Vindoo was interested in entertainment since his childhood? On his birthday, take a look at some of the highlights of Vindu Dara Singh’s life.
- Vindu started his showbiz career as a child actor with the 1970 Punjabi film ‘Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar’.
- After completing his degree from Mithibai College, Mumbai, Vindu decided to pursue his passion for acting.
- He made his debut as a hero in the Punjabi film industry in 1996 with the film Rabb Diyan Rakhan, which also starred Dara Singh and Farah Naaz. ‘Rabb Diyan Rakhan’ was also directed by Dara Singh.
- Made his Bollywood debut with the 1992 Bollywood film ‘Deewana Ishq’. The 1994 film Karan marked his debut as a hero. Later, Vindoo appeared in a large number of films, including ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Partner’ and ‘Housefull 2’.
- He married Farah Naaz, elder sister of well-known actress Tabu, in 1996. The name of the couple’s son is Fateh Randhawa. Farah and Vindu later parted ways in 2002.
- Vindu has played several mythological figures in performances including Vishnu Puran, Jai Maa Vaishno Devi, and Jai Ganesh. His most famous performance was in Jai Veer Hanuman, in which he portrayed Lord Hanuman in a manner reminiscent of his father.
- In 2005, Vindoo married Dina Umarova, a Russian model and businesswoman, with whom he has a daughter named Amelia Randhawa.
- In 2009, Vindu Dara Singh participated in the third season of the popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss. He emerged as the winner of the edition and became a household name overnight. She was praised for her wit, humor and charm on the reality show.
- Vindu has also served as a judge on reality shows such as Power Couple and Chak Dhoom Dhoom.